As I have told you before, each day my email is filled with new Bloggers asking how to get started. If you look at the Blog Resources Tab at the top of Adventures of 8, you will see that I put a lot of time and effort into helping beginners. So, the latest question I have been receiving is HOW TO CONTACT COMPANIES and WHAT TO SAY!
Well… let me start by saying, you don’t want to say, “Hi, my name is Blogger and you need to send me products, I will review them and post it on my site.” – YES, I have had companies tell me that they get those emails ALL the time… ha, ha, ha… These are the steps I recommend –
- Be sure you install the ALEXA Toolbar, to stay up-to-date on your Alexa Rating
- Be sure to add Google Analytics to your site. This will help you in the long run.
- Begin by writing reviews of products you have. This will get you good practice to figure out your writing style and so forth.
- Begin widening your social media Followers. You can’t ask a company to sponsor a review or giveaway, if you have NO ONE to read about it, ha, ha, ha… I recommend joining in multi-blogger events. Yes, sometimes these are free, other times, there is a buy in to join – for example – you may want to look into joining $50 Fridays!
- Once you have a good following, you can begin thinking about your Sponsorship Letter! The Sponsorship Letter is what you will send to each Sponsor you are interested in. The Sponsorship Letter should include the following:
- Opening – hello my name is and I write…
- Explain what a Product Review Blog is and HOW it can help them…
- Explain what their options are and WHY they should host with YOU, instead of any other Blogger – example – Option One – Sponsoring a Product Review alone – explain how you review products and what you include in your product reviews. Option Two – Sponsoring a Product Review & Giveaway – be sure to explain what you will include in the product review and how you will run a giveaway.
- Explain how Sponsoring will help them grow as a company – this is where you explain how you advertise your Reviews & Giveaways, what your reach is, etc.
- Next step – be sure to push them towards a point of action – example – I look forward to hearing which option works for you, so that I can assist you in GROWING your business!
NEXT STEPS – MEDIA KIT –
With the sponsorship letter, you will want to include your Media Kit. I have my Media Kit as an attachment on each Sponsorship email that I send out. I do this because my Media Kit changes so often, as I gain more followers.
Your Media Kit should include the following:
- Your Social Network Numbers – this should include Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Google+, and Email Subscribers.
- Your Google Page Rank – I actually include a picture of my Google Page Rank
- Your Alexa Rating – I also include a picture of my Worldwide and US Alexa Rating.
- Visitors – including your monthly visitors and unique visitors
- Demographics – you can find this in Google Analytics.
- Any other information that helps you stand above the rest…
Once you have all of that information together, you will be ready to begin searching for companies!
Post a Comment to Facebook!
Powered by Facebook Comments