I believe that one of the reasons we all tend to gain around the holidays is because we all over-indulge. I see it at every holiday party, lunch, and dinner; we all say the same thing, “it is the holidays, I may as well!” But, we don’t have to! Here are some resolutions I hope to keep through the holidays!
1. I am not going to fill my plate – I am really bad at this! I see a table full of food and by the time I am done serving myself, my plate is piled high! Instead I am going to choose to leave room on my plate.
2. I will wait at least twenty minutes before grabbing a second plate or dessert. Research shows that it takes your body at least twenty minutes to register that you have eaten. So, if I actually relax and enjoy the conversation for a bit, I may not WANT that second plate or dessert!
3. I will not starve until dinner – I know, I know… we all do it; we know that we will be having a fabulous dinner so we starve ourselves all day. This year I will NOT do this. Instead, I will have a normal breakfast, snack, and protein-filled lunch and maybe even a yummy Nutrisystem Protein Shake! This will help ensure that I don’t go overboard on the mashed potatoes.
4. I will make substitutions in my cooking – now this one will be a big secret, so please don’t tell anyone in my family! This year I plan to substitute
- the regular chicken broth with lower sodium chicken broth
- the regular cream of chicken (I am allergic to mushroom, so I make the green bean casserole with cream of chicken) with 98% fat-free cream of chicken
- the regular butter with Land O Lakes Light Butter
5. I will add sautéed veggies to the menu – this will make it easier for me to fill up on healthier items.
All in all, thanks to Nutrisystem I have the tools to survive the holidays. I know that I don’t have to eat huge amounts to feel full, I just have to eat the right food! Unlike other diets where I have felt like I am missing out on things, with Nutrisystem I am full, happy, and healthy!
What YOU can do to help us stay on track:
Hubby, my Mother-in-Law and I are all officially a part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program! Here is what you can do to help – I am a WIMP, I admit it… Hubby, is not… when he puts his mind to something he becomes obsessed! Meanwhile, Mother-in-Law is new on the program, so she needs as much support as possible.
So, we can all use your help! I will be writing weekly and monthly posts with any and all updates… I would appreciate if YOU could help me by reading and commenting on these posts with words of wisdom, advice, and pats on the back! It will help me, knowing that y’all are joining us in this journey…
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog!
Disclaimer: The product/s mentioned above have been provided free for the purposes of this review. No other form of compensation was received. Opinions expressed belong to Adventures of 8 s and are NOT influenced in any way. Please view my full DISCLOSURE/POLICIES.
Post a Comment to Facebook!
Powered by Facebook Comments