Each year many of us make these huge resolutions that often times, can’t be met because they are just too big or broad. Many times one of the top resolutions is to ‘lose weight!’ According to Nutrisystem‘s New Year’s Resolution Survey which was a new study commissioned by Nutrisystem, reveals Americans, once again, have weight loss on their minds for the 2013 New Year and place premium value on sustaining an ideal weight.
Among the survey’s findings:
- – 64 percent of U.S. adults are willing to pay any amount per pound to reach and stay at an ideal weight.
- – Adults age 18-34 (73 percent) and those age 35-44 (68 percent) are both significantly more likely than those age 55+ (55 percent) to say they’d spend any amount per pound.
- – Single/never married adults (71 percent) are also more likely to say they’d spend any amount per pound than those who are married (61 percent).
- – Over half – 54 percent of U.S adults indicate they are planning to make weight loss one of their New Year’s resolutions.
- – Those age 18-44 are more likely than those age 45+ to indicate weight loss as a resolution (59 percent vs. 49 percent, respectively).
- – Women (56 percent) are significantly more likely than men (51 percent) to say weight loss will be part of their New Year’s resolutions.
- – Those with children under 18 in their households (59 percent) are more likely than those with no children present (51 percent) to have weight loss resolution plans.
A great way to ensure that you keep your 2013 weight-loss goals is to follow the following tips:
- Make small goals throughout the year… instead of making one lofty goal of losing 50 pounds, why not set a goal of losing 10 pounds by March, then another 10 pounds by May, etc…
- Make goals to help reach your goal…instead of making a lofty goal of losing 50 pounds, why not set a goal of promising to exercise at least two days a week. This will help you reach your main goal.
- Make goals to change your eating habits… instead of making a lofty goal of losing 50 pounds, why not set a goal to learn how to eat healthier. Nutrisystem is amazing at teaching you the basics of portion size and nutritional value of everything on your plate.
- Give rewards for each accomplishment, may it be big or small and write them down! At the beginning of the year, as you set each small goals, also write a reward for each goal obtained, giving you a push to obtain that goal. Since I LOVE shopping, each of my goals was more clothing, ha, ha, ha!
All in all, whether your goal is to lose 10 or 50 pounds, Hubby & I are proof that it can be done!
What YOU can do to help us stay on track:
Hubby and I are all officially a part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program! Here is what you can do to help – I am a WIMP, I admit it… Hubby, is not… when he puts his mind to something he becomes obsessed!
So, we can use your help! I will be writing weekly and monthly posts with any and all updates… I would appreciate if YOU could help me by reading and commenting on these posts with words of wisdom, advice, and pats on the back! It will help me, knowing that y’all are joining us in this journey…
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog!
Disclaimer: The product/s mentioned above have been provided free for the purposes of this review. No other form of compensation was received. Opinions expressed belong to Adventures of 8 s and are NOT influenced in any way. Please view my full DISCLOSURE/POLICIES
Post a Comment to Facebook!
Powered by Facebook Comments