Disclosure – This post is sponsored by Nudges® Dog Treats and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help create awareness about Nudges Wholesome Dog Treats available at Walmart® but we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Nudges® Dog Treats is not responsible for the content of this article.
In order for a dog to be a happy and healthy life, they need a food, love, understanding, and a strong relationship with you. This relationship is something that is not always easy to build as it takes time and patience. The key is to have everyone in the family, especially if you have kids, build a strong bond and the key to that bond starts with great dog treats!
First off, you need to start with the right dog treat, so head to your neighborhood Walmart and pick up a bag of Nudges® Dog Treats. We love Nudges® Dog Treats because they are made from real USA-sourced meats with chicken, beef, salmon or duck as the #1 ingredient and they do not contain any artificial flavors or fillers. Also, since they are available right at Walmart, at a great price, they are easy to pick up while doing your grocery shopping. Last time we went, we picked up a bag of Nudges® Jerkey Treats and they have come in very handy!
Now that you have those in hand, you can start working on building a strong relationship with your dog with these tips:
- Long walks – taking long walks with your dog is beneficial in building a strong relationship because, if done correctly, it will show your dog that you are the alpha and you are in charge. I know it sounds crazy, but according to my vet, a dog needs this hierarchy in her life. To do this, never let your dog walk in front of you. Train her to walk right beside you, at your heel, if possible. This is where those Nudges® Dog Treats will come in handy. Break some up in your pocket and award good behavior.
- Cuddle with your dog – this one is kind of a no-brainer to most, but some just don’t realize how much cuddles can help build a strong relationship with your dog. Just like humans, dogs can crave touch and it is a great way to show your love and affection. It also helps your dog stay happy, which is what we want in our dogs.
- Dog tricks and commands – I know it sounds crazy, but a dog needs to have something to do. Having your child teach your dog tricks and commands is easy with Nudges® Dog Treats and can be done with positive reinforcement.
- The treats themselves – well, duh, if a dog knows that you have tasty, high-quality treats on hand, they will be your best friend.
- Play – games like fetch and chase are great relationship building games as they teach your dog that you will give them back their toy and when you catch them, it will be fun.
In the end,Nudges® Dog Treats are available in 12 varieties that I am sure your dog will love. As I said earlier, Nudges Dog Treats are sold in Walmart and many other retailers, with even more locations coming soon. CLICK HERE for a store locator. Want to try Nudges® Dog Treats? Be sure to grab your COUPON or PURCHASE HERE! Also, check out their Facebook community for ways to celebrate the joy dogs bring to our lives. Discover adorable user-submitted photos, money-saving coupons for Nudges® Dog Treats and the inspiring stories of our four-legged friends.
Do you have any other tips for building a strong relationship with your dog? Are wholesome dog treats a part of it?
Love this post? Feel free to share via any share button or click retweet below:
— My Family of 8 (@adventuresof8) May 16, 2016
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nudges® Dog Treats. The opinions and text are all mine.
Post a Comment to Facebook!
Powered by Facebook Comments