Did you hear the exciting news? Discovery Point, San Antonio is officially opened to the public! Woo hoo! I am so excited to tell you all about it. You see, last week the kids and I had the opportunity to attend a VIP party at Discovery Point to see a sneak peak and it was so much fun.
I am not sure what you have heard, but let me tell you, Discovery Point is so much more than dolphins. I mean, dolphins are awesome and so cool and all, but Discovery Point has dolphins and more. Here are the top five things we loved about Discovery Point, San Antonio.
- Dolphins – The wonderful thing about Discovery Cove is that you can actually walk around the outside of the dolphin’s habitat and watch them jump in the air, play, and even come to the edge to say hello. We met a couple of fabulous trainers who gave us some information and tidbits on the male dolphins who were out playing.
- Underwater views of the dolphins – You can actually go to the back side of the tank and walk into a room filled, floor to ceiling with windows to see inside the dolphin habitat. It was so much fun watching them play and swim around.
- Sharks – Can you imagine walking into a room, with nothing but views into a huge shark tank?
Well, that is what you will find at Discovery Point. Sharks galore, swimming to and from all around you. It is such a cool feeling.
- Rays – Now, I am obsessed with rays… I don’t know why, but I happen to think they are very cool. We got to see Rays swimming around and felt like we could almost touch them.
- The amazing coral reef – folks, wow… the reef was huge and we were able to see so many different fish swimming around.
Now, the other cool thing about Discovery Point is that you can schedule to actually encounter and swim with the dolphins. Unfortunately, my swim was cancelled due to rain, but I am hoping to reschedule next month, so keep an eye on my Instagram for photos.
Oh, and I gave my Little Man my phone to take photos and he captured this cute video… let me know what you think!
Learn more at SeaWorldDiscoveryPoint.com.
Get social and follow #DiscoveryPoint
Have you been to Discovery Point yet?
Love this post? Feel free to share via any share button or click retweet below:
— My Family of 8 (@adventuresof8) June 11, 2016
Post a Comment to Facebook!
Powered by Facebook Comments